Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Browning BPCR (Read 3658 times)
roger_winn
Ex Member

Browning BPCR
Sep 26th, 2005 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Has anyone be able to install a set trigger in one of these rifles? Nice gun but terrible trigger.  thanx Roger

IP Logged

Vic
Ex Member

Re: Browning BPCR
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2005 at 9:42pm
Print Post  
Alot of people send their Browning BPCR rifles off to Lee Shaver for his trigger job.  Not a set trigger, just a much lighter trigger pull.  I did that with mine.  crisp and a bit lighter now.  Some people get the triggers quite light if they like, I removed the adjustment for the sear engagement because I was OK with just utilizing his modified springs.  I think he charges around 50 bucks.

Vic

IP Logged

roger_winn
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2005 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Thanks Vic -trigger left this morning to Lee. I am spoiled from using a double set on my Sharps and cant get used to the Browning.                 Roger

IP Logged

old101lrrp

Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2006 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
Hi Vic.......... Cheesy

I logged onto the ASSRA forum today because I think this was where I read about there being an ejector problem with the 1885 Browning BPCR guns. I've looked around & can't find the topic now. As it seems that you have one..did you or do you have a problem with the ejector NOT retracting all the way & then holding up the new round from chambering?? The post I refer to had a "fix" for this problem & even listed a part # from Browning. Any info would be appreciated... God Bless

J. Prouty&&Hood Canal Hooligans B.P.C.R. Team

IP Logged

First_Shirt
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 1st, 2006 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Hey 101,

Try looking at (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) , and clicking the forums link there.  They have a Browning forum, and I think the resident expert has discussed the extractor problem.  IIRC, it was only an issue inthe first year production guns, and was corrected later.

Greg
(PS, I'm an old Screaming Eagle, too...326th Engineers, 1988-1992)

IP Logged

Vic
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Feb 1st, 2006 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Sorry, I'm not familar with that problem.  I never had that problem with my 40-65.  I hope your rifle has been shooting well for you, they seem to be very competitive.   

vic

IP Logged

Dale53
Oldtimer

Reply #6 - Feb 2nd, 2006 at 12:25am
Print Post  
I believe that only the 1st batch of Browning BPCR's had an ejector issue. I believe that was quickly fixed by Browning. 

If any of you out there wish to seriously improve the Browning trigger, I can send you the "McGee Trigger Fix" by attachment.

Just write me direct.

Dale53

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint