Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Journal Article (Read 2653 times)
Bob_Shaw
Ex Member

Journal Article
Sep 12th, 2005 at 3:24am
Print Post  
In latest issue of journal - article by Dale McGee - Remington Hepburn - "casting supplied by Rodney Storie". Does Rodney Storie run business suppling castings? or was this a one off?
If former - does anybody know how to contact him?
Thanks in advance - love the Journal.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

ken_hurst
Ex Member

Re: Journal Article
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2005 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Rodney makes casting for approx 21 actions. I have misplaced his ph. no. but info has it. He lives in Shawnee, Ok.   The pictures Dale took don't do the piece justice --- blame the printer.   Ken

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Dale53
Oldtimer

Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2005 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Bob;
Understand, this casting set requires a LOT of machining by a talented machinist. Glenn Fewless might want to chime in here as he did a wonderful job on this project rifle. Gorgeous, gorgeous rifle.

Dale53

IP Logged

dws8130
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2005 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Ken, Dale and I were disappointed inthe color cover photo.  We made a conference call from the Etna Green shoot and found out that the printer that does the Journal uses a slightly different technical color system than we thought,this has caused a slight color loss in the color photos. 
In addition there is always some variation due to the fact that printing press inks are not the same as we use for reproducing photos.  In fact if you were to lay out the whole press run of Journals side by side in the order they come off the press you would see small but visible shift in color values as the ink in the printer changes in quantity in the reservoirs and ages.  Computer control have improved this considerably over the years but it is still an ongoing process problem

IP Logged

ken_hurst
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2005 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
No problem Wayne,  I certainly understand & I am very happy with the article !     Ken

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint