Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The .45-70 Book (Read 5163 times)
Lee_Stone
Ex Member

The .45-70 Book
Aug 7th, 2005 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
I know that many of the members of this forum know Miss Pat Wolf, coauthor of the book "Loading Cartridges For The Original .45-70 Springfield Rifle And Carbine" with her husband J. S. Wolf, who passed away in 1993. Pat and I have been friends for a number of years. This friendship has grown over the years and blossomed into very deep love. Pat has very graciously consented to be my wife. We will have the ceremony at Pat's new home here in Lacombe, Louisiana. Pat has requested that I wear my colonel's uniform (C.S.A, retired) and my daughter Tania is making Pat a beautiful period gown for the occasion. My son-in-law, Keith will stand for me and will be wearing his first sergeant's uniform (C.S.A, retired). The invitations will ask that guests wear either period clothes or casual. This is to be a joyous and fun celebration of the joining of two lives of two people very much in love. I am the most fortunate of men. 

As an aside, my wedding gift for Miss Pat will be the ordering of a new Shiloh Sharps rifle, in the calibre of her choice with the length of pull cut for her reach. Gentlemen, my wife will never ask why I Need another rifle.

IP Logged

JDSteele
Ex Member

Re: The .45-70 Book
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2005 at 8:19pm
Print Post  
Congratulations, Lee, and may your life together be long and happy!
Best regards, Joe

IP Logged

marlinguy
Ex Member

Ballards may be weaker,
but they sure are neater!

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2005 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
Congratulations to both of you! May God bless you both with a long and loving marriage!

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Sharps1874
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 22nd, 2005 at 3:14am
Print Post  
Congratulations, Lee, hope that you and Pat have a very long and joyous life together. You never did say what Shiloh Sharps rifle she’s going to get. I’m in full agreement as a Shiloh Sharps Owner myself that you both had made a wise choice of rifle for Pat to get. And thanks for all your advice in all of the other forums that you have given me.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Lee_Stone
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 24th, 2005 at 9:49am
Print Post  
Pat really likes my Shiloh Sporter #1, but I'm afraid that .50/90 would be a bit much in recoil for her. So her rifle will be a Shiloh Sporter #1 in .32/40. She also likes my Shiloh Hartford, but prefers the pistol grip of the Sporter #1. 

Pat says I can shoot it once in a while.

IP Logged

Tom_Trevor assra life no.71
Oldtimer

Tom Trevor

Reply #5 - Aug 29th, 2005 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
Guys its Aug. 29th and Katrina is upon you we hope you have taken to high ground, let us all know how thing went.

IP Logged

13Echo
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 31st, 2005 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Mr Stone lives just northeast of New Orleans, near Slidel.  Right in the path of the hurricane.  I sincerly hope he and his new bride are safe.

IP Logged

Tom_Trevor assra life no.71
Oldtimer

Tom Trevor

Reply #7 - Sep 3rd, 2005 at 11:51am
Print Post  
All is well Lee and Pat came thru the storm fine, the next storm will be when Pat learns the her daughter Sierra posted her age in note on another board.

IP Logged

xxgrampa
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Sep 4th, 2005 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
greetings mr. and mrs. stone.

i am very very happy for the both of you. i wish you a long and happy life. and hope you have many new shooters.. Roll Eyes

good luck and ..ttfn..grampa..

IP Logged

Lee_Stone
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 22nd, 2005 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
I wish to thank everyone for their most kind wishes. Miss Pat and I were married yesterday afternoon in a beautiful ceremony. 

I mentioned in an earlier post that I have placed an order in line at Shiloh for a rifle for Miss Pat as a wedding gift. Well, yesterday Miss Pat surprised me with an order she placed in line at Shiloh for a rifle for me as a wedding gift. His and her Shilohs. It not only doesn't get any better than this, it darned seldom gets this good. Her gift really took my breath away. 

We made it through "Katrina" in quite good shape as opposed to so many who were much less fortunate than we were. I must say that it was quite interesting watching 130+mph winds going through our yard. I never dreamed that large pine trees could bend like the ones we were watching. We are now waiting "Rita" which as of now looks destined for the Texas Gulf Coast. The folks there have our prayers. 

Again, our thanks to everyone for their kind wishes. 

Oh yes, Tom, Miss Pat's daughter is not in any trouble for stating her age on the forum. Pat does not mind her age being known.  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint