Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Who Makes DST's for Highwall's (Read 3639 times)
DaleHDeal
Ex Member

Who Makes DST's for Highwall's
Feb 26th, 2005 at 11:29am
Print Post  
  I seem to remember Mr. Hurst metioned someone was going to make DST's for the Winchesters on another site.  I believe it was the gentleman who is making the Wesson actions.  Is anyone aware if he has or will make them?  Does anyone else.  There has got to be a place to buy these triggers and a Helm lever.   
  I priced the Ballard (the owner answered the phone) and the Meacham Highwall's and sticker shock got me.  I already have a C Sharps that is a beautiful rifle minus the DST's of course.
  Thanks for any info!!!!!

IP Logged

red_stevens
Ex Member

Re: Who Makes DST's for Highwall's
Reply #1 - Feb 26th, 2005 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Rodney Storie makes a casting set including the pistol grip or straignt tang and all the DST parts and I believe the cost is around $60.  You will need to contact Wes Stanley with Frontier Armory as he markets Rodney's casting sets.  These sets take considerable finishing and some know how to finish and fit.  He also has the lever you want.  I have a spare Helm buttplate casting I would sell if your interested.  I would like $30 shipped to you.  Here is the contact info for Wes Stanley:
email
Frontier_Armory@gbronline.com
ebay store
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
phone
405-794-7191
snail mail
Wes Stanley
416 S. Dallas Ave
Moore, Ok  73160
Be sure to ask for a catalog as its very interesting to see what is offered.   
Hope this helps you!!!!!!!
Red

IP Logged

ken_hurst
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 26th, 2005 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Red,   Steve is still going to make all the needed psrts for the 
Win. walls close coupled and dbl. set triggers and PG tang.  At the moment he is way back ordered making the Wesson actions and can't seem to get caught up. Due to this situation, he has had to put the triggers aside until he can get caught up.  Ken

IP Logged

singelshotman
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 26th, 2005 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Wes is no longer on ebay-they kicked his butt-off because he was selling cast, unfinished receivers-i suppose those idiots on Ebay are worse than ATF-they didn't know if it's a gun-i suppose they think if it looks like a gun ,it's a gun.

IP Logged

red_stevens
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 26th, 2005 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
He is still selling on the link I provided in the above post but he is no longer selling the action casting sets only buttplates, loading tools, palmrest castings, and other accessories on ebay.  He is still selling the other items through his catalog and by phone.  Its to bad that ebay is so narrow minded concerning what is just a piece of cast steel and not classified as a firearm by the ATF.   I wonder where they draw the line.  If Wes advertised a billit that could be cut into a Ballard would ebay not allow the billet to be sold.  Many of the things they allow to be sold in their Vintage Parts catagorie are closer to being a rifle than most of Wes's offerings.  I suppose the reciever is the critical item.
Red

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint