Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Scopes? (Read 4282 times)
randy45638
Ex Member

Scopes?
Jan 31st, 2005 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
What do most 200 yard offhand shooters use in their scopes? Dots or crosshairs. Going to buy a good scope and wanting to see what most shooters like. Thanks

IP Logged

boats
Frequent Elocutionist

Re: Scopes?
Reply #1 - Feb 1st, 2005 at 9:04am
Print Post  
Randy

I like a dot about 3/4 Moa.  But I can and do shoot a crosshair on one of my scopes. If I ever have it in for repair will get it switched but until then it works OK with the X hair.

Duplex like on a hunting scope is not good at all. 

Boats

IP Logged

randy45638
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2005 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Was going to buy a weaver t36 and they come in crosshairs or dot. Just want to see what people thought. Thanks

IP Logged

Dale53
Oldtimer

Reply #3 - Feb 2nd, 2005 at 12:41am
Print Post  
Randy;
When it came time to buy new glass for my offhand and bench shuetzen rifles, I asked Paul Amberger what he was using (I wanted to use a modern scope to keep weight down on my offhand rifle). He recommended the Weaver T36 with the issue dot (1/8 minute) and the same scope with a 3/8 minute dot for offhand. I liked the sight pictures thru his scopes and I accepted his recommendations. I have been extremely happy with the results. Thank you, Paul.

IP Logged

leadball
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2005 at 10:25am
Print Post  
dale53;
         I'm still a big fan of the Weaver T-36 [have three] they have the best tracking system of any scope i've tested.
          I've tested Weaver T-36's--Leupold-36--Bausch & Lomb, their all good but the Weaver will track the best.
          The tracking of a scope is all important to me. I'll give some on the glass [clarity] but I beleive that tracking [repeatability] is much more important.
             The Sightron scope is getting popular--I wonder how  its tracking system compares with Weaver.  leadball

IP Logged

Jim_Borton
Global Moderator

Reply #5 - Feb 3rd, 2005 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
Sightron scope are a very good scope! I think there tracking system is the best on the market. If you go to there web site and look at the Patented Exac Track System you will see why i say that! They only have the fine crosshairs 1/8 min. dot. There glass is great very clear and sharp!
Now weaver is good also. Weaver and sightron run about the same price
Sightron also have the 1/8 min adjustment

Hugs & Kisses
ASSRA life
NRA life
NMLRA life

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint